Well it has surprised us all, including me, but I guess we're almost done with my Christmas album. I wrote the songs 2 years ago, and some of them last year. I thought we wouldn't have enough time to work on it this year, so I almost gave up on it. In the last week, we have worked hard, late into the evenings sometimes, and I find that the songs are turning out way better than I hoped! I think a lot of that is due to working with my good musical friends, mike and jonathan. They helped me arrange and record Soon Fall Will Be Here and now are helping with this album. I am so grateful!
The songs are different from SFWBH (ha). In fact i think the only casio on it, is a casio drum sample we made. The songs are played on the Mason & Hamlin piano mike bought 2 years ago. Also some Rhodes, Moog Opus and some more acapella based tracks.
They are also a different subject matter, more about this later, but it's Christmas songs, but I wrote them (not the traditional Christmas songs you may have grown up with). There's also a thanksgiving song, and some that are just about wintertime. I also found it fitting to include 3 songs that i have shared with my church over the last 4 or so years: Read my Heart, Sing into the Darkness, and Work of your Hands, which has guest appearences by Team Fadel! (It's sooooo gooood!)
and now down to business:
we're going to try to finish it by monday??
and get it online for free download (probably on NoiseTrade).
There will also be limited real CD copies. I made perhaps 80 cat prints that will be made into paper covers. They are screenprinted on red paper, but now that I don't have access to a printing studio, i guess my hand painted stencils seem less than perfect, but I'm still pleased with them over all!
Those who get the download will have access to an image of the cover, and the track info.
so... let me know if you want a real copy, or look out for the download.
I think it's 8 of my songs, and I'm not sure yet if Mike will put a Hallowed Sails song on it. We'll see!!!! hoooooray!
i already told you i want one, but i'll say it again... i want one! :-)
ReplyDeletealso, now that i know the album title, and comparing it to the last album's title... are you going to do an album for every season?
um, i probably can't write spring songs fast enough. haha. but it's a cool idea! and i'm excited that you want one! i'm really excited to share these songs. one of them was written in 2006!! oh do you have sound ghosts traditional christmas cd from 2 years ago? that one is fun too!
ReplyDeletemaybe next spring? haha.
ReplyDeletei don't have that one... do they have it online?